Effective: 01 June 2020
Overview of Personal Information
Monthly Box collects personal information that you provide directly and information about how you use our Services. We use this information to understand the way you use our Services so we can improve and personalize your experience when using our Services. We also use personal information to provide customized advertising tailored to your interests.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share your personal information with companies that provide services on behalf of Monthly Box. We may also share your personal information with our trusted partner companies, such as logistics providers, to provide delivery of your products to you. We share personal information with law enforcement agencies when it’s required by law or to protect Monthly Box and its users.
Information we obtain
Information you provide to us directly
When you purchase a product from our website, register a Monthly Box Account or when you subscribe to our marketing collaterals, you may provide us with personal information such as:
- contact information, such as name, email address, postal address and phone number;
- payment card information (including name, card number, expiration date and security code);
- information stored in or associated with your Monthly Box Account (including your Monthly Box profile, ID, username and password);
- profile data associated with your Monthly Box Account (such as, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses);
- When you communicate with us, we may need information to identify and authenticate your identity and the Product you’re inquiring about.
We may obtain certain information about you from publicly or commercially-available sources and from third parties who perform services for us. We may also obtain other information about you, in ways we describe at the time we collect the information or otherwise with your consent.
Information we collect automatically about your use of our Services
Our Services collect some data automatically when you use the Services. We may obtain information by automated means such as through browser cookies and web server logs. These informations help us to: (1) track and understand how our Services are used, (2) manage and measure the usability of the Services, (3) understand the effectiveness of our communications, and (4) otherwise enhance the Services.
Information we may collect automatically includes information about:
- Product information: your device, including MAC address, IP address, log information, device model, hardware model, IMEI number, serial number, web browser characteristics, current software version, subscription information and randomized, non-persistent and resettable device identifiers, such as Personalized Service ID (or PSID), and advertising IDs, including Google Ad ID;
- Log information: Usage information such dates and times of use of the Services, search query terms, and any information stored in cookies that we have set;
- Viewing information: your use of the Services, including your interactions with the Services (such as the web pages you visit and search terms), the pages that led or referred you to our Services, dates and times of use of the Services; and
- your use of third-party websites, apps and features that are connected to certain Services.
Publicly or Commercially Available or Shared Information
We may receive information about you from publicly or commercially available sources, including such information about you from third party social networking services you use, and combine this with other information about you so that we can better understand your needs, interests, and preferences. We also may receive information about you when other people provide it using our Services, such as your name and contact information when others send a message to you or share files with you.
How We Use the Information We Obtain
We may use the personal information we obtain to:
- communicate with you;
- provide customer support;
- Process orders you submit and deliver the products you have purchased;
- Provide promotions and offers about our products and services by way of direct marketing communications, unless you choose to opt-out from receiving these materials;
- protect against, identify and prevent fraud and other criminal activity, claims and other liabilities; and
- comply with law and legal processes
We may combine information we obtain about you for the purposes described above. We also may use the information we obtain in other ways for which we provide specific notice at the time of collection or otherwise with your consent.
Who do we share your information with?
We will disclose your information to the following entities, only to the extent that this will be necessary to provide our Services:
- Service Providers: Carefully selected companies that provide services for or on behalf of us, such as advertising, billing, performing data analytics, or operating data management platforms. These providers are also committed to protecting your information.
- Other parties when required by law or as necessary to protect our services: For example, it may be necessary by law, legal process, or court order from governmental authorities to disclose your information. They may also seek your information from us for the purposes of law enforcement, national security, anti-terrorism, or other issues that are related to public security.
How do we keep your information secure?
We take data protection seriously and have introduced measures such as:
- Restricting access to personal data to individuals who require access; and
- Maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access
However, we all know that no method of transmission over the Internet, and method of electronic storage, can be 100% secure. While we cannot guarantee the absolute security of your personal data, we strive to protect the security of your information with constant reviews and enhancement of our information security measures.
If you believe that your privacy has been breached by us, please contact us immediately.
How long do we keep your information?
We will not keep your information for as long as it is necessary for the purpose it was collected. When it is no longer required, this information will be anonymized, destroyed or erased from our systems.
If you have any questions on personal data protection or data privacy, you can contact us at